Monday, February 28, 2005

Goodbye, K700i and xbox.

Goodbye, K700i

Yesterday was a sad, sad day. The new bluetooth phone that I'm using, Sony Ericsson K700i, was lost during a taxi trip. It was a gift from the company I'm working for, and it's served me and my ibook very well. I made a lot of calls to my number in the hope that someone would pick it up, answer, and give it back to me. After 2 to 3 hours of non-response, I gave up, reported lost, and have my SIM card replaced.

The replacement process was actually very pleasant, at least compared with one I had in the states. I use Sunday network, appearantly not the best network you can get in Hong Kong, but they're cheap. I was able to get a replacement immediately at one of their store, processing took less than 3 minutes, and they charged me $10 HKD (a little more than a dollor US). T-mobile really has a lot to learn for their customer service.

K700i is a wonderful product, amazing sets of feature jam packed into this tiny device. It has mp3 player, radio, all that jazz. It's bluetooth functionality was probably the most important to me though. I was able to sync it with my Address book, type SMS messages, remote control my ibook. I put podcast audio onto the device when I don't want to take my ipod for short trips. It just keeps me entertained. All in all a wonderful product.

Speaking of entertainment, my brother accidentally broke my xbox on the very same day. He plugged my US xbox (110V) into our HK power outlet directly (220V). All I heard was a small explosive sound, a little smoke coming out of my xbox, and my brother looking puzzled. In all fairness, it's really not his fault to have forgotten the transformer. Well at least this I can try to get it fixed, so it's not a total lost like the phone.

But still, sad sad day.


No comments: