Monday, March 07, 2005

I hate money too, Russ (Part 1)


I read Russell Beattie's recent blog post about his mixed feeling towards money, especially after reading Jonathan's "My Money Blog". I'm pretty much in the same shoe.

I never much cared for financial planning, partly because I hated it, partly that I don't understand it, but mainly, I just have no interest. After reading Jonathan's blog, I feel this urge to set monetary targets for the future. I feel pressured, like preparing for a final the night before when I had a full month before to study.

I'm not earning nearly as much as Russel (he works for Yahoo!), so I'd better start early.

Side note #1: This is why blogs and podcasts are so powerful. You know for sure that you're reading about real people, and most of the time their real situation and opinions. It's just more powerful than reading success stories in cnn.com or the likes.

Side note #2: Jonathan's blog is just a fantastic idea to keep track of long term goals, especially when you know you have readers sharing with you every step of the way. Others are using blogs for work-out goals, project management, even travel and wedding plans.

No comments: