Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Taking into consideration


I was with my friend Kevin the other day. Kevin told me that our mutual friend Yvonne (I know you're reading this yvonne) is in need of an immigration lawyer and if I have some contacts I should share.

I did use a lawyer back in the dark ages in Texas. Being the smart ass that I am, i quickly decided that Yvonne's situation is different and the lawyer I used probably wouldn't do her much good.

"I don't know her situation half as well as she does, and I'm sure that neither do you. But i guess we should just help whether it eventually did her any good at all." is what Kevin said.

Two things striked me. First off Kevin doesn't seem like that sensible a guy to me and i must admit that I don't understand him half as well as I tot he does.

And, yeah, what do I know about Yvonne's situation. If she needs a contact for lawyer, I should just give it, and shut up.

It's like us saying that people in Boston should clean up the snow in front of their house everyday, while we're in Hong Kong enjoying the sun.

I was such an ass.

No comments: