Thursday, June 16, 2005

Get me off that darn subscription!

Remember the time, when your free-trial subscription finishes they assumes that you want to start paying, and take the initiative to charge your credit card? And taking yourself off that subscription is harder than getting your welfare paycheck?

I can't believe they're still doing that.

And it's not small companies either. It's Microsoft, the company we come to love, and hate. It's their xbox division.

So I moved to Hong Kong with my xbox, right at the time when my xbox live ran out. I haven't used the 2 months free trial that came with HALO 2, so that would be perfect to see the quality of network gameplay in Hong Kong. I had to enter my credit card number before I can get to anything else. That's fine. I ended up playing a total of 5 times during these two months. A year subscription is out of the question.

my assumption is that they can't start charging my credit card without me actually saying that, yes I like xbox live so much that I'd pay you for a whole year. Instead I have to call this toll free number and explain to the operator why I don't want to service.

Mobile service providers do that too. You would have to explain your situation as if you need their permission to get off the plan. "Why would you want to switch / stop subscribing?". It's like interviewing for your current job.

Geez, It's my bloody business, so shut up and get me off the list already.

No comments: