Thursday, June 02, 2005

On the day Sunny Bay Opens

Sunny Bay Station Opens a couple days ago, on 1st June.

We flew the software guy down from Beijing again a couple of days prior to that, and he's just been producing magic. Fixing stability issues of the software left and right, adding watchdog feature and other amazing goodies. One thing I found out is that a lot more work gets down after he's come to trust me enough to give me all the technical details of bugs and errors. We solves problems together, almost always with discussion of algorithms and then he going into the code and I work on something else.

To manage people, I believe this trust is extraordinarily important, along with knowledge of the subject matter of the project you're managing.

We didn't expect a lot of people during the first day, because this really is a station out of nowhere. You can't get to anywhere from here except to Disney, which isn't ready yet. The constant flow of tourists surprises us. MTR was right to be anxious that everything should work on the very first day.

More pictures tomorrow. I need to remember to bring camera.
Link to News

No comments: