Monday, July 11, 2005

CNN_potcast

CNN started potcasting, heard that from Dave Winer's blog scripting.com. 5 minutes hourly potcast about the news. Very useful indeed.

I don't know if it's just me, but the first potcast I got from CNN potcast over itunes was a 4kb empty mp3. That's odd I though, so I tried re-downloading it from itunes, and find that there's no such function. I gave up, and got the potcast at 11pm (the previous hour). Worked fine.

It seems like (this is just my lazy observation) CNN uses some kind of system to encode 5 minutes news report they already have every hour into little mp3 as enclosures in an RSS feed. The midght empty potcast looks like a place-filler to me. Interesting system if that's the case.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. All 1-2 of you who read this blog.

No comments: