Sunday, November 27, 2005

url for Music and Video


You know what's great about the internet?

Well, one of the things that make the internet great anyways. Sharing, and by that I don't mind stealing.

You see something funny or insightful on the net, you can just copy and send the URL to a friend, then share his view on the subject on IM.

Now, where is the website URL equalvalent on the music end? If I enjoy a piece of record industry music that I own and I want to share it with my friend, where's the legal way to do it? I'm sure it's not covered under fair-use.

And just don't get me started with Video. Where is the "Wow you need to check out today's Buffy Episode" URL Link and underlying legal infrastructure?

I think iTunes Music Store and podShow is a good start, but we've got a long way towards a solution.

Thanks for listening.

/rant

No comments: