Monday, December 05, 2005

The days without internet.

I was reading Ron Garret's post on his days with Google. Something he said stikes me:

On the other hand, I do clearly remember what the world was like before there was Google, before there was the World Wide Web, and even before there were personal computers. I am a member of the last generation to know what that world was like. God, do I feel old now.

Oh boy did I feel the same. There was a time in my life when the internet didn't matter. Life was simple, you go to the stores to get what you want. No google, no online stores, no emails, no internet.

Sometimes I do miss those days, especially when I suffer from information overload, or I receive an email from work that put me into a difficult situation.

On the other hand, I'm sure there are a lot of people still living in that world, quietly letting the internet pass them by.

No comments: