Monday, April 04, 2005

Long, mid, and short term goals (Money series part 2)

Jonathan's My Money Blog has been my daily read for a while now. He recently re-did his financial goal, taking into account inflation and such. I totally agree with him in that
if you don't write your goals down clearly, they are much less likely to happen
This applies to everything else in life. You just can't wonder around aimlessly and expect anything to get done. Remember the kid who's supposed to work under me? I gave him a bunch of API, told him to learn enough to be able to implement something when I get back at the end of the week. It's been more than 2 weeks now, and he's still looking through visual C++ books.

Anyways, I digress. i wish I learn to set systematic goals earlier in life, like Jonathan did. Money's a bitch to deal with, plan for, and take care of. Just think about all the gadgets you can get when you're "there".

At least that's what I kept telling myself.

No comments: