Monday, August 15, 2005

Podcast, listening

While we're on the subject of podcasting, here's something I find quite fasinating. Ever since I'd started picking up podcasts in Janurary, I haven't spent a whole lot of time listening to my own music at all. It isn't until I was in China for a couple of days without internet access that I finally started digging into my own collection a few days ago.

Now that's not to say that I haven't been spending time on the road for anything ipody. Quite the contary actually, the commute to work is an hour plus one way, so I always have a good 2 hours to consume whatever's in the white enclosure of 10G audio every single workday. It's just more entertaining to listen to something different everyday, even if that is something educational.

The size of my own music collection suddenly doesn't matter anymore.


Sidenote:
I was going to do a list of podcasts that I listen to on a daily basis, only to find out in my horror that I'd been leaving my ipod on and it's now drained out of battery. So here's the list from my memory.
1. The Daily source code
2. Maccast
3. IT Conversations
4. Gilmore Gang
5. Morning Coffee Notes
6. Cubical Escape pod
7. Small Biz pod
8. Dawn and Drew Show
9. Silicon Valley Conversations (not sure about the name)
10. Fly with me
11. Catholic insider
12. Inside Mac

Type this in iTunes Music Store Podcast section and you should be able to find and listen to them.

Now what am I gonna do on my way home from work :(

No comments: