Monday, August 15, 2005

Podcasting, not just yet

After eight months of listening to podcasts, I have more and more desire to produce my own. It'll probably be a very good practice to organize my thoughs, voice out opinions and not suck at conversations. Furthermore, my Cantonese has been improving lately, and I'd hate for it to be at the expense of my English.

So the first attempt was on my way home from work, using my trusty Sony Ericsson K700i. First thing I noticed is how low the volume is. You really do have to have some sort of pre-amp for it to be acceptable. Second thing I noticed, I suck at speaking to myself. My voice is hard and unnatural, my sentenses broken up, and the overall subject-matter was all over the place. In the end I didn't learn anything from the good Behind-the-scene podcast yet.

But hey, these are exactly the wrong reasons for anyone to give up on podcast attempt. So stay tuned. My first real attempt will probably involve me just talking to an old buddy in the states, choose a subject matter, and let the ball roll from there. If anyone's interested in wasting a half hour on a weekend with me over the phone, let me know. It should be fun.

No comments: