Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Confession of the furious mind

You know it really doesn't take a lot to get on someone's nerve.

I hang out with a co-worker from time to time. This co-worker, Dion, who happens to be a girl, loves all kinds of outdoor activities, ask me to join in because I don't have a lot of friends in Hong Kong.

She got married in October.

Well, everything should still be cool. I wasn't "interested" in her, and as long as I keep it that way, everything should be fine.

Not.

The first time I met her husband was before they were married. We went to do a rock-climbing class together. Ever since that day, he's made me his nemesis. Whenever I hang out with Dion, he would tell her to stay away from me. If he happens to be present, he'd keep staring at me like I'd killed someone in his immediate family (which, for the record, I haven't :) ). He'd essentially forbidden her to have anything to do with me, or anyone who's single for that matter.

Dion would occasionally tell me the words he used to describe me, and they're definitely not pretty.


It's something to tressure your wife, it's quite another when you forbid her from all social activities with other men. Trust is definitely something evrey couple needs to work on.

No comments: