Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Mortgage fun

Tons of things happened during this past week or so.

We bought an apartment.


Yeah, we did, over the weekend of 26th March 2005, we put in the deposit for our new home. Everything's still in motion, but we're mainly waiting for mortgage to finalize. I didn't get the chance to take any pictures, but I'll get them soon.

The apartment was 3rd floor of a three story house. 700 sq ft, with 700 sqft of rooftop to play with, along with a permanent parking spot for us to use or rent out. It cost around $196 mil HKD ($252,000 USD). In case you had a hard time figuring out just how much it is,

$252,000 USD = 560 Ipod Photo 60G
$252,000 USD = 84 Dual 2.5GHz Power Mac G5

You get the picture.

It's extremely terrifying notion for me. Such a big, big purchase. This means that I'll be paying for it for the next 20-25 years. But it just makes sence though. Right now, we're living in a similar but smaller apartment, rent is around $5,000HKD ($650USD). My payment for the new house would be close to $7,000HKD ($900USD). Why make the landlord rich when you can just pay for your house?

Anyways, pictures are coming soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is "We"?
you living with you parents too?

Ben Liong said...

Yeap. Excepting for the fact that I'm paying for the house, yes I live with my parents.

It's good to be home.

BTW, who's this?